Automotive Technology Program
Associate Degree Course Sequence
SSC101 Student Success Seminar
AUT121 Automotive Service Skills
AUT122 Automotive Systems and Engine Applications
AUT123 Engine Diagnosis and Major Service
ENG124 College Composition
AUT124 Vehicle Chassis Systems
AUT125 Automotive Electrical and Accessory Systems
AUT126 Automotive HVAC Systems
MTH106 Math for Technology
AUT221 Fuel and Emissions Management Systems
AUT222 Engine Systems performance Diagnosis
AUT223 Advanced Automotive Electronics
AUT227 Computerized Vehicle Control
BUS122 Basic Economics
AUT225 Automotive Drivetrain I
AUT226 Automotive Drivetrain II
AUT233 Automotive Diagnostics Applications
AUT427 Alternative Fuels and Advanced Automotive Systems
ENG221 Technical Report Writing
TOTAL CREDITS 60-63
The Stark State College automotive technology two-year associate’s degree program, one of the top programs in Ohio, is designed to give students a solid foundation in the automotive technical skills and the academic classes needed to quickly advance in their automotive careers. With an emphasis placed on technology, academics, and hands-on application, the student progresses through a logical sequence of courses that includes domestic and import vehicles.Graduates of Stark State’s automotive technology program will receive an associate degree in applied science.
The automotive curriculum is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) and prepares students to pursue Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification.
Automotive Technology Center
5600 Whipple Avenue NW
North Canton, Ohio 44720
Skilled service technicians are increasingly in demand, and you’ll learn hands-on skills that can be applied while you’re in the program and immediately upon graduation for a productive career in the automotive service industry.
Associate of applied science in automotive technology
• The automotive one-year certificate covers the core automotive courses and will quickly prepare you for a productive career in the automotive service and repair industry. The certificate is stackable toward the two-year automotive technology degree.
• The comprehensive automotive technology certificate contains the core automotive courses and allows for a flexible one- or two-year completion based on your time frame. The certificate is stackable toward the two-year automotive technology degree.
• The automotive maintenance and light repair career enhancement certificate offers the first six classes of the automotive curriculum, stackable toward a one-year automotive certificate or the two-year degree. This certificate quickly prepares you to enter the job market at an automotive service facility.
• The automotive transmission and driveline career enhancement certificate gets you ready for a productive career as an automotive transmission and driveline specialist and is stackable toward a one-year automotive certificate or the two-year degree.
• The CAT lift truck career enhancement certificate is designed to ready you for a career as a service technician at a Caterpillar lift truck dealership. The Caterpillar-specific curriculum, produced by MCFA, provides Caterpillar lift truck’s core certification courses. This certificate is stackable into the one-year automotive certificate or the two-year degree.
• The Honda PACT career enhancement certificate is designed to prepare you for a career as a service technician at a Honda/Acura dealership. The Honda PACT curriculum combines Stark State NATEF-accredited automotive classes and Honda-specific curriculum produced by American Honda Motor Company, Inc. and provide Honda’s core certification modules. This certificate is stackable into the one-year automotive certificate or the two-year degree.
WORK IN MANY AREAS, INCLUDING
• new car dealerships
• independent repair shops
• private and government fleets
• automotive repair shop entrepreneurship
PREPARE FOR A CAREER AS A(N)
• automotive technician
• auto mechanic
• service advisor
• service manager
• fleet maintenance technician
• Canton Carnival of Wheels scholarship
• Automotive Engineering Technology Endowed Scholarship
• Bridgestone – Firestone Automotive Engineering Technology Endowed Scholarship
• Stark County Auto Dealers Award (SCADA)
• Greater Cleveland Auto Dealers Association Annual Automotive Scholarship
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT
Department Chair, Automotive and Transportation Technology
330-494-6170, Ext. 4936