AQIP Action Projects
Current Stark State Action Projects
- Implementing an Honors Program to Enhance the Educational Experience
- Transforming Financial Aid to Help Students Reach Academic Success
- Advancing Academic Assessment
Completed Action Projects
- Advancing, Communicating, and Celebrating our Quality Initiative Successes
- Initiating an Ongoing Program to Create and Support a Quality Workplace
- Developing a Plan to Implement “Fast-Track” Career Enhancement Certificates
- Process of Student Evaluation of Instruction
- Getting to Know You: Acknowledging Employees as Central to Fulfilling our Mission
- Quilt Project: Academic Quality Woven into the Fabric of our College Culture
- Implementation of the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degrees
- Improve the College-wide Employee Performance Evaluation Process
- Improvement of the Academic Advising Process
- Development of a Systematic Process for Academic Program Review
- Student Success-Tracking of Transfer Students and Career Goals
- Capitalizing on Information-Learning Resources to Foster Learning
- Assessment of Support Services and Support Departments (non-academic)
- Consistency of Policies in Internal and External Publications, including the Web
- Development of the Academic Assessment Template
General Responsibilities of the AQIP Project Teams
- Follow the seven step process of continuous quality improvement for each AQIP action project
- Provide monthly updates to the AQIP liaison
- Assist the AQIP liaison with the annual action project report
Questions to Assist in Identifying Action Projects
- How ready are we to adapt to an evolving higher education market?
- Where are we falling short in meeting students’ needs?
- Where are we behind our competitors?
- What new needs are surfacing that affects our students and other stakeholders?
- What stands between us and the accomplishment of our strategic goals?
- What new resource or capabilities must we acquire to implement our long-range strategies?
- How can we project the image we want?
- What new programs, services, locations, or other capabilities will provide better value to our students and other stakeholders?
- What major delays slow down our processes?
- Where is there a high volume of failures, withdrawals, or courses that must be retaken?
- Where are the costs of poor quality (e.g., waste, rework) increasing?
- What concerns or ideas have faculty or staff consistently rose?
- What complaints have we been hearing repeatedly?