Mock Interviews - in person
First impressions in the job search are crucial. Employer representatives are available once a month to help students practice their interviewing skills. Signs are posted throughout the College with detailed information on the date, time and location of the interviews. Students are expected to provide a resume before the interview and come dressed in interview attire.
InterviewStream - online
The Career Development Office is pleased to offer you InterviewStream, a Web-based mock interview program to assist you in preparation for upcoming interviews. It is a simple, fun, and effective way to refine and master your interviewing skills. Using a webcam, you will be able to:
- simulate job interviews by responding to pre-recorded interview questions
- use the practice interviews already created for various majors and/or
- create your own custom interviews from over 6,000 questions covering all industries
When your practice interview is complete, you will have the option to seek feedback from mentors, professors, advisers, etc. by sharing your interview via email or unique URL.
It is a simple, fun, and effective way to refine and master your interviewing skills.
Who can use it?
Where do I log in?
How much time will I need to use it?
In about 30 minutes, you can log in, follow some basic steps to do a general interview, record your responses to interview questions and review your responses.
- Time will vary among users because you have the opportunity to:
- Re-try responses/save or delete responses.
- Select from a detailed menu of questions (instead of using a general interview).
- Stop anytime, and log in later to finish an interview.
- Use other resources on the dashboard, like tips and webinars.
Can I use it more than once?
Sure you can! Use it as often as you like. You can save responses and review them later. You can also choose different interview questions.
Three easy steps to Interview Stream
After you log in to Interview Stream:
- Choose ‘Conduct Interview’: Pick from the interview questions in the list or customize your own interview.
- Conduct Practice Interview: Conduct your interview with any webcam, any MAC, any PC, anywhere, anytime. Video interviewer will ask the first question, then the webcam begins recording. Click to stop recording. Review, retry or continue to the next question.
- Watch and Share with Others: Click a question to review a response. Review it with a friend or professor or career advisor. You'll also have the opportunity to count your filler words ("umm," "like," "you know")
Use all the resources provided
Take advantage of all components on the user dashboard, which includes interview tips and a webinar on strategies and tactics to succeed in the interview process.
Don’t have a webcam?
No webcam? No problem! Create your account anyway. Then select ‘Schedule Interview’ from the dashboard. Choose a date and time that works for you to come in and use a Career Development computer with webcam in our office.
Want a review of your Interview Stream interview afterward?
- Give review access to others: faculty members who have assigned a practice interview, advisors, friends, etc. It's a simple matter of emailing that person while you are in Interview Stream (having asked that person's permission in advance, of course).
- You can request an appointment during which a Career Development advisor would review your Web-based interview with you (subject to scheduling availability). Once scheduled, you must email the representative the link to your interview so it will be ready for your one-on-one meeting.
Is Interview Stream the only way to have a practice interview through Career Development?
No. Interview Stream is intended to supplement the in-person mock interviews that are arranged through Career Development. If you want to follow up your Web-based experience with an in-person mock interview (which is encouraged), you can do so.