Recognition Ceremony Guide
Spring 2016 Certificate Recognition Ceremony
OBR One-Year Certificate and Career Enhancement Certificate Ceremony
Wednesday, June 9, 2016 at 6 p.m.
Candidates should arrive between 5:00 and 5:30 p.m. to M100. Arrival after 5:30 p.m. does not guarantee participation in the ceremony.
The ceremony will last approximately one hour.
Admission to the ceremony does not require a ticket; however, seating is on a first come, first serve basis. It is recommended that candidates limit their guests to four.
- Gentlemen – black slacks, dress shoes, white shirt and tie. No sport or tennis shoes please.
- Ladies – black dress, skirt, or slacks and white shirt. Conservative height heels are recommended.
- Line Up: Candidates will go to the Graduate Check-In table to receive their seating assignment. Please do not bring any personal items with you that you cannot carry on you.
Candidates and guests requiring accommodation assistance because of a disability should call the Disabilities Services at 330-966-5450 ext. 4423, V/TDD 330-966-5451 by Monday, May 30. Seating areas are available for guests who use wheelchairs or cannot climb stairs with family seating in nearby seats.
Certificates are typically posted to the transcripts within seven days of the end of the semester. If you order a transcript before your certificate is posted, mark the request to indicate that the transcript should be sent after the certificate/degree is posted.
Certifcates will be given at the ceremony, WITH A PHOTO ID. Students who are not participating in the ceremony may pick up their certificate at the Financial Aid/Registration desk on Friday, June 10. If not picked up by June 10, the certificate will be mailed.
Tips for an Extraordinary Ceremony:
- Leave personal items like coats with your guests. There are no facilities available for storing these items during ceremony.
- Arrive early enough to allow adequate time to line up with your technology.
- There is no formal rehearsal for the ceremony, although a detailed explanation of the ceremony will be reviewed outside of room M100.
- Dress appropriately for this special occasion.
- Plan on attending the reception to congratulate other candidates and mingle faculty/staff