Recognition Ceremony Guide
Spring 2015 Certificate Recognition Ceremony
OBR One-Year Certificate and Career Enhancement Certificate Ceremony
Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 6 p.m.
Candidates should arrive between 5:00 and 5:30 p.m. to M100. Arrival after 5:30 p.m. does not guarantee participation in the ceremony.
The ceremony will last approximately one hour.
Admission to the ceremony does not require a ticket; however, seating is on a first come, first serve basis. It is recommended that candidates limit their guests to four.
- Gentlemen – black slacks, dress shoes, white shirt and tie. No sport or tennis shoes please.
- Ladies – black dress, skirt, or slacks and white shirt. Conservative height heels are recommended.
- Line Up: Candidates will go to the Graduate Check-In table to receive their seating assignment. Please do not bring any personal items with you that you cannot carry on you.
Candidates and guests requiring accommodation assistance because of a disability should call the Disabilities Services at 330-966-5450 ext. 4423, V/TDD 330-966-5451 by Monday, June 1. Seating areas are available for guests who use wheelchairs or cannot climb stairs with family seating in nearby seats.
Certificates are typically posted to the transcripts within seven days of the end of the semester. If you order a transcript before your certificate is posted, mark the request to indicate that the transcript should be sent after the certificate/degree is posted.
Certificates will be given at the ceremony. Please be sure to bring a photo ID with you, so that you may receive your certificate. If you are unable to attend the ceremony, you may pick up your certificate in the Financial Aid/Registration Office on Thursday, June 11 or Friday, June 12. Any certificates that are not picked up by June 12 will be mailed to the student.
Tips for an Extraordinary Ceremony:
- Leave personal items like coats with your guests. There are no facilities available for storing these items during ceremony.
- Arrive early enough to allow adequate time to line up with your technology.
- There is no formal rehearsal for the ceremony, although a detailed explanation of the ceremony will be reviewed outside of room M100.
- Dress appropriately for this special occasion.
- Plan on attending the reception to congratulate other candidates and mingle faculty/staff