Program Application and Enrollment
How do I enroll in the Upward Bound Math-Science Academy?
The application process for UBMSA follows three important steps:
- students complete the attached preliminary application.
- Parents and students receive more detailed information about the program and a full application package (income verification from parent(s)/guardians required).
- students and their parents visit the UBMS office for a student/parent interview and take the academy entrance exam.
Upward Bound Math-Science expects program participants to
- enroll in challenging, college-preparatory high school classes,
- maintain a minimum 3.0 overall and quarterly grade point average,
- attend all UBMS Saturday sessions, special programs and after-school activities (absences for school-related and co-curricular activities are excused with an extracurricular excuse form on file,
- register to take the PSAT at their designated school during the tenth and eleventh grade,
- take EXPLORE, PLAN and ACT exams as scheduled,
- meet individually with an academic advisor each grading period to set goals,
- submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) during senior year,
- apply to a minimum of three colleges or universities during the fall of senior year,
- enroll in a program of post-secondary education immediately following high school graduation, and
- GRADUATE FROM A COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY WITH A BACCALAUREATE DEGREE!